Covid 19 mitigating conditions
Please take into consideration whether you have a relative or partner you are living with who is at moderate or high risk.
Do not come for a lesson and cancel it if you have symptoms
(cancellation charges will not apply)
The main symptoms of COVID 19 described by the government are (but not exclusively):
● A high temperature – this means you feel hot when you touch your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
● A new, continuous cough – (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
● A loss or change of taste or smell
● You have had any symptoms of the virus within the last 7days
● If you know anyone or have been in contact with anyone that is showing symptoms or has been doing so within the last 14 days
Face coverings are a requirement unless you are medically exempt. If you don't have your own, then one will be provided.
● I need to be 100% happy with your health and I won't start the lesson if I consider that I or any of my clients may be at risk. You may be asked to have your temperature taken
● Hand sanitiser should be used and this will be made available, but you may wish to use your own.
●Please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, in line with Government guidance, immediately before and after your lesson. If you want to wear disposable gloves, put them on just before getting into the car. You should not touch your face.
●Please wear suitable clothing providing as much covering as is reasonable.
● We would not recommend the use of face visors, however if you insist on wearing one, then a mask or face covering must also be used as wearing a visor alone will provide little protection.
Please Note that
● You should avoid touching your face and hands
● It is not allowed to shake hands or share visual aids, pens etc. and contact will be minimised for safety
● Between lessons I will have have cleaned the door handles, windows and mirror controls, seat adjusters and head restraints, seatbelt and its connection, gear lever, steering wheel, indicator and wiper stalks, car key and training resources, and no paperwork should be passed between us.
● The windows will be down as much as reasonable during the lesson to allow for ventilation, so it might be cooler in the car than usual.
● Air conditioning will be avoided if possible.
● Currently, except in special circumstances clients parents, guardians or friends, will not be able to sit in on the lesson (or test).
● Gloves are not a requirement, but gloves and masks will be available if you don't have your own
● We should try to avoid directly facing each other when discussing scenarios, it is safer to face forwards in the vehicle because we cannot maintain one metre separation, however discussion will be outside the car if possible.
● Wherever possible reduce the handling of cash and use electronic payments.
Clients are reminded to wash their hands as soon as they get back into their house.
● Any new clients may need their licence checked electronically using www.gov.uk/check-driving-information . You may need to provide your driving licence number and the check code, or asked to hold the licence up so it can be checked.
Note that these are based on Risk Assessment by trade bodies in conjunction with the Scottish Government and may be changed if further measures are required.
Driving Lessons in Inverclyde
Along the A8, A770 and A78
Wemyss Bay, Inverkip, Greenock, Gourock,Port Glasgow, Skelmorlie.
or 01475 521573
A8driving school is on facebook with latest info on new test passes and local info.